Monday, January 12, 2009

Schedule to Success!

I have discovered that in order to be successful at something, I have to get into a schedule, a routine. Basically, I have to write everything down in a planner. For me, if I put it down in a calendar, then I'm more likely to get whatever it is done. I set aside my time and I do what needs to be done. Exercise is no different.

I'm very proud of myself today. This morning I woke up at 6 a.m. and did some jogging (alternating it with walking) at the track at the high school. It was pretty tough, but I'm going back tomorrow.

After work, I got my membership set up at the U of M rec center. Afterwards, I did Yoga with Jen. That was the highlight of my day. I really enjoyed the class. The instructor was a small blonde woman named Jessica S., who has with a feathery and cheerful voice. She even spoke some sanscrit before the class. I felt extremely relaxed after Yoga class.

So my new schedule is a run/walk every morning at the high school, Yoga every Monday, Boot Camp on Wednesdays and CrimFIT on Saturdays. 

Fire up for schedules!

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to do the same thing with cross country skiing this year - that hellish cold snap threw me off a bit, but I've been back on it this week.

    Nice blog, by the way! I came to it via Erin of Finding Salt Lake/Poor Penmanship/five new blogs since I started typing this.

    ReplyDelete