Monday, January 5, 2009

And We're Off!

The start of my new healthy life begins today! Actually, it began yesterday with weigh in. 

Since I'm awesome, I brought my electronic scale, a measuring tape and Dance, Dance Revolution over to Jen's place. We've planned a weigh in and measuring day for every other Sunday. Basement Days. This is also the day for grocery shopping and planning my meals for the week. That way I won't have to stress about what I'm gonna to eat. I used this article at fitnessmagazine.com to help me come up with my meals for this week.

Our first Basement Day was successful. The scale did not break, but the measuring tape did. Thanks Jen! She pulled the tape too far from the spool. I don't know who she thought she was measuring with that amount of tape, but I got it for free and it still measures. So no big deal.

I weighed in at 177.2 pounds. Damn that point 2! My neck is 13.5 inches. (Jen's is the same size. She was really amused by this). My bust is 39.5 inches, waist is 34.5, hips are 46.5 and thighs are 26.5 inches.

It's all downhill from there. At least the numbers will be anyway.

After the weighing and measuring, Jen and I played some DDR for about half an hour or forty-five minutes with her kitty silently mocking us ... or maybe he was just ignoring us. 

I haven't done any exercise today, yet. I'm going to do some dance work out DVD in my living room. Better than nothing. 

I feel really good about how well I did with my meals today. I kept my day around 1500 calories and low-fat. I'm a vegetarian, so it's a little easier to keep things low fat if I cut down on sugary snacks and if I'm not eating cheese like crazy. That can happen sometimes. I do love the cheese. 

I made a pasta dish tonight and almost put some feta on it, but that wasn't in my plan so I didn't go for it. And the fact that I didn't have any in the apartment helped. I also went wrong making some plain white beans. They were turning out really weird and sort of hard. I asked Jen what I was doing wrong and apparently, you have soak beans. Who knew?


So I left the beans out of my meal, which was pasta with cherry tomatoes, oregano, garlic and olive oil. It turned out really tasty. I think I could have put more garlic on it, but I'm bias. More garlic always seems like a good idea to me.

I think I cheated a little bit with eating a couple of noodles from my left-over pasta from the weekend. I was debated just eating that instead of the one I was making, but I figure the one from the restaurant probably had a lot more oil in it and wasn't as healthy as the one I cooked. So I put it in the fridge for a later date. 

I wasn't going to throw it away. I paid for that - oily or not. Besides, everything in moderation, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment