Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bad Weekend

Weekends have been proving enormously difficult for me when it comes to sticking with my new healthy eating habits. I don't have a schedule, I'm feeling more indulgent and I'm relaxing from working all week. BAD combination!

If anyone out there has tips on how to stop emotional eating and eating from boredom, please share! This is me getting desperate.

On the up side, I went to Yoga yesterday and walked the track this morning. I ran two laps before I left. Yay! :)

2 comments:

  1. I allow myself to cheat. When I feel sad, or unhappy... I have a bag of Dove Chocolate in the pantry that I have put up extremely high. It is next to impossible to get down without step stools and/or help. When I need a pick me up, I get down 3 chocolates.I unwrap the first one, and place it into my mouth on my tongue. I do not bite, but I savor each one and I find as I get to the last one, the endorphin rush has kicked in and I feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd suggest finding healthy alternatives to "cheat" with. Dark chocolate covered pretzels and allow yourself 3 or 4. No more. Or maybe strawberries that you dip in chocolate yourself, allow yourself a specific amount. It's easiest for some people to wean themselves, but personally, it's easier for me to go cold turkey. If I don't want to eat sweets, I don't allow myself anything. If I'm craving chocolate, I have an orange. If I want pancakes, I have a piece of toast with real jam (no corn syrup).

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete